Introducing a sensor that is robust enough to handle water when cleaning a production line.
The MJ tension sensor is the ideal high-performance tension sensor for producing sophisticated plastic films. It is essential for tension control of sophisticated plastic films used in leading-edge industries, including flat-screen TVs, rechargeable batteries, thin and light solar cells, and organic EL lighting, which is expected to become the next generation of lighting.
A tough tension sensor
The MJ tension sensor has an IP66-compliant, highly-durable protective housing.
We maximized robustness to enable tension to be stably detected even under the harshest conditions. The high-precision protective housing makes it difficult for water droplets and dust to penetrate, allowing the sensor to be washed with water without constraint when washing a production line.
- The high spring-steel rigidity of the MJ tension sensor provides a high resonance point, making it ideal for high-speed lines.
- The load displacement of the MJ tension sensor is extremely low, making it effective for thin web lines (i.e., film, foil, etc.).
- The stainless version has an IP66-compliant protective housing that can handle being splashed with water when cleaning a production line.
- The use of a mono-block structure provides outstanding linearity and hysterisis.
- The MJ sensor is compact but highly robust.
||Rated tension (N)
||Maximum roll load (N)
||Roll displacement (μm·N)
||Resonance frequency (Hz)
||Frequency response (Hz)
||Main unit mass (kg)
||Direction of resultant tension force
||Forward or reverse
||Any desired angle
||±15VDC ±1V (+15V/50mA, -15V/10mA)
||0 to +50°C, 35 to 85%RH (No condensation permitted)
||IP Protection Rating
*1. The figures for rated tension, maximum roll load, and maximum overload are for double-sided detection. For single-sided detection the above figures should be halved.
*2. The resonance frequency figures are for the tension load during double-sided detection and at maximum roll load.
*3. The frequency response figure is with respect to a change of 1/10 in the rated tension.
*4. For the MJ050, the maximum roll load is not equal to the rated tension (double-sided load). The maximum roll load is 200 N. Consequently, the maximum overload = the rated tension × 10 + the maximum roll load.
*5. The maximum overload represents the maximum value of the force exerted in the direction of the resultant force.